SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components, and optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products & services including – Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to join to RPO team!
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays, generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day waiting period. Additionally, we work a 9/80 work week that provides for every other Friday as a non-work day.
A CNC Diamond Turning Operator is a highly skilled machinist/toolmaker that creates optical surfaces by utilizing diamond turning machines and associated metrology.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Operate and setup diamond turning/grinding machining centers.
- Understand CNC programming and have the ability to create and/or modify CNC programs.
- Operate and understand Optical test equipment such as interferometers and surface profilometers.
- Document processes and work instructions for diamond tuning operation.
- Operate tradition inspection equipment such as toolmaker’s microscope, micrometers, height gages, and vernier calipers.
- Ability to read and understand both optical and traditional blue prints.
- Possess computer skills.
- 3 Years of CNC machining experience.
- 1 Years of CNC programming experience.
- Knowledge of optical testing and test equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced Math Skills.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient math skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Good communication skills.
- Blueprint Reading.
- Analytical troubleshooting / problem solving.
- Computer skills.
- Decision making.
- Apprentice/Machinist Certificate program or equivalent experience.
- Leadership skills.
- Good time management skills.
- CNC Programming.
- Optical Testing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Toolmakers/Machinists Experience.
- CNC Programming/machine operation experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- Safety Glasses are required
- May require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.