SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components, and optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products & services including – Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to join to RPO team!
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays, generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day waiting period. Additionally, we work a 9/80 work week that provides for every other Friday as a non-work day.
Provide support to RPO in the area of Optical Testing. Testing includes, but is not limited to; System level testing of assemblies for image quality (MTF, Stray Light, Relative Illumination, Transmission, Distortion, Optical Eccentricity, etc), as well as component testing for reflectance, interferometric surface profiling, coating spectrum evaluation, etc. This testing also includes specialized set-ups, testing, and calibration as needed in support of virtually all functional areas at RPO.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Support calibration activities in all functional areas of RPO
- Provide Assembly test support for production as well as first article testing
- Maintain records for all testing and calibration in accordance with Good manufacturing Practices and ISO Requirements
- Assist area managers as needed in exploring new test methods and diagnostic capabilities
- Take lead on gage capability studies and documentation in support of ISO and continuous improvement activities
- Provide rapid turn-around support as requested for OEM test work
- Associate Degree or BS in Engineering Field with a preference in the area of Optics.
- Experience in Optical Testing with a minimum of 5 years’ experience is preferred, but willing to consider less, depending on educational background
Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Associates Degree Required (engineering or optics)
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents ('Green Card' holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- Safety Glasses are required
- May require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.