SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components, and optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products & services including – Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to join to RPO team!
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays, generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day waiting period. Additionally, we work a 9/80 work week that provides for every other Friday as a non-work day.
Clean & inspect optical components and mounts and assemble optical doublets, triplets, sub-assemblies and final assemblies and test to final requirements. This job requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity. The ability to follow work instructions and the ability to make decisions at various stages of assembly are keys to success for this position.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Clean & inspect optical components and mounts
- Use of MIL spec to inspect optical components with clear apertures
- Ability to read engineering drawings to determine specs.
- Assemble and Bond optical doublets and triplets according to procedures
- Use of optical-grade adhesives
- Use of various assembly tools and techniques for passive alignment of optics
- Post-alignment/assembly cleaning and inspection
- Assemble and Bond lens elements within mounts and barrels according to procedures
- Techniques for mounting and bonding lens elements within barrels - passive alignment
- Test of sub-assemblies and final assemblies
- Tools and Techniques for verifying alignment of doublets and triplets
- Tools and Techniques for diagnostics of sub-assemblies and final assemblies for failure mode.
- Maintain Assembly & Test Equipment, Tools and Area in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO and HSE protocols.
- Step complete and charge time to work orders and maintain job specific paperwork throughout the process.
- Follow and enforce clean room protocols.
- Good manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- The ability to contribute as an individual and as a team member.
- Ability to follow procedures
- Basic Computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a US citizen or a Permanent Resident: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Good manual dexterity
- Proficient math skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Good communication skills
- Blueprint Reading
- Analytical troubleshooting / problem solving
- Computer skills
- Decision making
- Good time management skills
- 20/20 vision or corrected vision
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Highly repetitive work, usually in a fixed body position for a sustained period of time.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided.)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- Requires initiative and mental concentration to learn new skills and techniques.
- Safety Glasses are required
- Exercises independent judgment when inspecting parts acceptability for further operations
- Follows procedures for all jobs
- May require area specific safety training
- May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.