SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components, and optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products & services including – Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to join to RPO team!
Employee is responsible for the efficient operation of manufacturing processes within the facility; creates project plans, performs utilization studies, identifies capacity needs and constraints, and makes recommendations for improvements. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing equipment layouts, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the optics manufacturing field. Regularly interfaces with engineering, production support group, and proactively communicates with customers on project status and the resolution of issues that may arise during the production schedule. Responsible for transition of manufacturing processes from engineering / prototype stage to volume production.
Researches, designs, and develops tools, engines, machines, controls, equipment, and mechanical processes. Oversees production, installation, operation, maintenance, repair, and development of new, modified, and/or existing systems. Works closely with other engineering areas to obtain optimum utilization of equipment. Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering required.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- lead the planning and implementation of manufacturing projects
- facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- define project tasks and resource requirements
- develop full scale project plans
- assemble and coordinate project staff to provide status updates and resolve conflicts of resources
- manage project budget
- manage project resource allocation
- plan and schedule project timelines
- track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- provide direction and support to project team
- work with quality assurance to ensure specifications are met and documentation is in place prior to shipment of product
- constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- create and present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- project evaluations and assessment of results
- BS degree in manufacturing, industrial or mechanical engineering with 5+ years’ experience.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) methods.
- Experience with 3D modeling methods. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with MS Excel software is required. MS Access a plus
- Lean manufacturing, six sigma black belt, or green belt certification a plus
- Experience working with customers
- Experience with ISO 9001 standards is preferred
- Experienced in ITAR regulations, specifications, and company compliance including, but not limited to, optics, mechanics, quality, verification, and testing is preferred
- Experience with Optical Assembly preferred.
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- BS engineering degree from an ABET accredited college.
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays, generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day waiting period. Additionally, we work a 9/80 work week that provides for every other Friday as a non-work day.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- Safety glasses are required on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in this work environment is loud and requires hearing protection. Personal protection equipment will be provided.
- Some areas may require area specific safety training.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.