SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components, and optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products & services including - Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to join to RPO team!
The Contract Director will work under the direct supervision of President and will be responsible for overseeing organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance. The Contract Director will develop specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management. The Contract Director’s role in the contract development process requires close collaboration with various departments, including business development, operations, project management and finance.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Leading proposal and contract negotiations to achieve business objectives while ensuring customer needs are met
- Participation in all bid/proposal review activities and reviews
- Providing guidance on contractual rights and obligations, and means to mitigate contractual/program risk
- Ensuring that proposed and negotiated T&Cs comply with company policies and guidelines
- Supporting the business development team with new business pursuits, including proposal support, and preparing and negotiating collaborative agreements as necessary.
- Proactively engaging with the business development and engineering team and customers to ensure that the programs are executing to contract requirements.
- Conducting final reviews of all new contracts with vendor partners, suppliers and customers
- Responsible for preparation of customer communications
- Responsible for day to day contract administration tasks
- Participate in external customer reviews
Requirements and Competencies:
- 8-10 years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal & communications (written and oral) skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision at times and within a fast-paced multitask environment
- Must be comfortable and effective working in a team environment
- Proficiency and experience working sole source and competitive acquisitions
- Manufacturing contracts or optics industry experience preferred
- Experience working in an ITAR regulated facility preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Law, Finance or related field
- Juris Doctor (JD), MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Environment & Physical Demands:
- Professional office environment with routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machine; noise level typical of a standard office environment
- Prolonged sitting, computer and telephone use, as well as standing, filing, bending, reaching and lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing plant floor requiring the use of personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, etc.)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays, generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day waiting period. Additionally, we work a 9/80 work week that provides for every other Friday as a non-work day.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.