IT Summer Intern
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Support hardware including PC's, laptops, printers, and all miscellaneous peripheral hardware attached to the desktop.
- Support software including all desktop software common to Windows PC's.
- Migrate user profiles, programs and files from one PC to another.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
- Provide technical assistance as requested in support of projects.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledge of Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, and MS Office is required.
- Experience with hard drive imaging a plus
- Fundamental understanding of Email server concepts, VMWare environments, VoIP technologies.
- Experience working as a desktop or network technician in an enterprise network environment with Active Directory a plus
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and move about in a factory environment.
Environment & Physical Demands:
- Professional office environment with routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machine; noise level typical of a standard office environment
- Prolonged sitting, computer and telephone use, as well as standing, filing, bending, reaching and lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing plant floor requiring the use of personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, etc.)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.