Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Responsible for the efficient operation of manufacturing processes focusing on mechanical design, utilization studies, identifies capacity needs and constraints, and makes recommendations for improvements. Candidate will analyze equipment layout, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization to maximize performance.
Summary of Duties:
- Keep an open mind for learning new things and put forth 100% effort daily
- Work we with others as part of the Manufacturing Engineering team
- Track project/task deliverables, constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Create and present reports defining project problems/solutions, progress, evaluations and assessment of results
- Lead the planning and implementation of manufacturing projects
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- Safety Glasses are required
- May require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.