Marketing Summer Intern
Marketing & Business Development
Director of Marketing
The Marketing Intern will assist in the day-to-day logistics and execution of the Rochester Precision Optics (RPO) marketing strategy. Additionally, this position supports the RPO marketing team in the development of marketing/communications campaigns, market research initiatives and community outreach programs. The Marketing Intern will be part of a motivated team within a fast-paced, energetic and results-driven environment.
- Conduct competitive market assessments, domestic and international market research
- Create digital content and launch social media campaigns, as well as CRM integration and related activities
- Assist in event planning and coordination
- Development of customer presentations and copywriting/editing of external communications
- Draft marketing collateral and/or other creative services
- Adapts easily to a changing environment
- Manages multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Develops and maintains trusting, respectful, collaborative relationships
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Possesses a get-things-done attitude with the ability to adapt, think outside the box and problem solve coupled with a willingness to learn; takes ownership of assigned tasks and collaborate cross-functionally to drive results
Environment & Physical Demands:
- Professional office environment with routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machine; noise level typical of a standard office environment
- Prolonged sitting, computer and telephone use, as well as standing, filing, bending, reaching and lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing plant floor requiring the use of personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, etc.)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.