Shipping and Receiving Specialist I
Indirect Supply Chain
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
The successful candidate will be:
- Someone that is an energetic, well organized, self-starter.
- Willing to rapidly learn new functions.
- Someone that has strong math and analytical skills
- Has previous experience working in an ERP system (preferably EPICOR).
- Computer literate working in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Someone that can regularly multitask to meet production requirements.
- Must be a team player willing to work closely with a small group of coworkers to insure all aspects of the job are completed.
Preferred 1+ years of experience in inventory management, order filling, cycle counting, shipping, receiving, or other related fields.
The primary functions of the job will be to:
Supply/replenish the optical and mechanical manufacturing areas with all the components needed for daily production as well as receive and inventory all finished goods while maintaining the highest levels of inventory accuracy.
Secondary functions of the job will include assisting with all aspects of the order fill, shipping, and receiving functions.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Complete, pick, and kit orders for production utilizing an Epicor job pick list.
- Deliver orders to various manufacturing areas.
- Pick up and return to inventory: completed parts, WIP, excess and non-conforming materials.
- Receive, label, and put away product using established procedures.
- Process all transactions thru the Epicor ERP system.
- Conduct daily cycle counts to insure inventory accuracy.
- Insure that inventory moves in FIFO order at all times.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and other functions as needed.
- Effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, with all levels of management regarding any concerns or issues that could negatively impact production.
- Must be able to multitask and rapidly respond to ever changing requirements of the job.
- Must be well organized, assertive, and take ownership for all aspects of the job.
Additional Job Duties:
- Unload delivery vehicles utilizing carts, pallet jacks, and occasionally fork lifts.
- Unpack parcels, verify, content, and receive into Epicor.
- Notify and or deliver materials to appropriate departments.
- Generate daily scheduled shipment reports.
- Pull product from warehouse bins.
- Proactively seek out any WIP that is expected to ship.
- Pack and ship according to Customer requirements.
- Ensure any/all documentation required by Customer is obtained and placed with shipment.
- Process all transactions in the Epicor system
- Schedule and ship parcels using: UPS, FedEx, DHL, LTL carriers. Local small package delivery companies, etc.
- Maintain all shipping records.
- Troubleshoot any and all issues to resolution.
Requirements and Competencies:
- Must be able to effectively read, write, and communicate in English, with all levels of management and co-workers.
- This job requires constant counting, weighing, and verifying of numbers to insure accuracy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen or a Permanent Resident: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Must have ability to work extended hours as needed to support business needs.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to 40lbs. More with assistance.
- A high degree of manual dexterity for counting small items.
- The job will involve prolong periods of sitting/standing and working at a computer.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, and hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- Regular bending, lifting, and reaching both above and below head and waist levels.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions.
- May require area specific safety training
This position does not require traveling.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.