Director of Marketing
SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components and assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products & services including - Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded Aspheres in addition to Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to join to RPO team!
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day logistics and execution of the Rochester Precision Optics (RPO) marketing strategy. Additionally, this position supports the RPO marketing team in the development of marketing/communications campaigns and spearheads their execution. The Marketing Coordinator will be part of a motivated team within a fast-paced, energetic and results-driven environment. The right person has a strong aptitude for digital marketing, trade show administration and developing consumer relationships for the RPO brand. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Coordinate the exhibition and attendance of various tradeshows and events
- Assist in the creation, printing and distribution of all promotional and product related collateral
- Closely work with senior staff to strategize marketing and advertising campaigns
- Set an example as a front-line representative for all other event staff
- Maintain regular contact and communication with event coordinators and client partners
- Conduct regular trainings for staff to ensure knowledge in products, promotions and industry specifics
- Familiar with trade show organization, social media marketing and digital content creation
- Adapts easily to a changing environment
- Manages multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Developing and maintaining trusting, respectful, collaborative relationships
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Possesses a get-things-done attitude with the ability to adapt, think outside the box and problem solve coupled with a willingness to learn; takes ownership of assigned tasks and collaborate cross-functionally to drive results
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, preferably with a focus in marketing, communications or advertising.
- Must be a US citizen or a Permanent Resident: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Environment & Physical Demands:
- Professional office environment with routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machine; noise level typical of a standard office environment
- Prolonged sitting, computer and telephone use, as well as standing, filing, bending, reaching and lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing plant floor requiring the use of personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, etc.)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires approximately 15% travel to Domestic & International tradeshows with the Business Development team.
- Schedule flexibility is required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.