Experience and Skills:
Requirements and Competencies:
- Must be able to effectively read, write, and communicate in
English, with all levels of management and co-workers.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and
regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as
defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents
('Green Card' holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum
status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand: use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and
arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- The job may involve prolonged periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified
inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger
dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs without assistance from man
- May involve the use of oils, greases, and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from materials
used/encountered. (Lab Coats provided)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the
environment as such.
- Safety Glasses are required
- May require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and
fumes or airborne particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or
shifts from one station to another, during the production process.
- May be exposed to dust, grease, odors and cleaning agents.
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked
directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits
include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental
Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays,
generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day
waiting period. Additionally, we work a 9/80 work week that provides
for every other Friday as a non-work day.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required
of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the
talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our
business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States, and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.