Experience and Skills:
- Competent shop math and algebra skills required.
- Computer programing/CNC skills
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends when required.
Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability
to communicate effectively to team members and management.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Apprenticeship or equivalent experience in related disciplines.
- 5-7+ years’ experience, plus experience in Conventional and CNC
Machining - precision optical equipment preferred.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and
regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as
defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents
('Green Card' holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum
status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions.
(Lab Coats provided)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the
environment as such.
- Safety Glasses are required
- May require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and
fumes or airborne paper particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or
shifts from one station to another, during the production process.
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked
directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits
include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental
Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays,
generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day
waiting period. Additionally, we work a 4/10 work week that provides
for every Friday as a non-work day.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required
of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the
talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our
business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States, and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.