Coating Technician I
SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components, and
optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products &
services including - Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens
Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded
Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing
companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on
market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to
join to RPO team!
This job requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity. The
ability to follow and write work instructions and the ability pay
attention to details and keep organized records of the coating process
is key to success for this position. The Coating Operator will have a
detailed understanding of the optical handling and cleaning processes
including sonic cleaning, spectral measurement techniques and coating
processes. An in-depth understanding of vacuum equipment is required.
In addition to coating product, this position will support coating
operations. Support to include; but may not be limited to; equipment
maintenance and preventive maintenance, testing, failure analysis,
process development, tooling design, and scheduling.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Clean & inspect optical components for coating and adaptor selection
- Coating Process
- Coater prep, part loading
- Crystal monitor setup
- Monitor coating process
- Unload and post process
- Measure optical spectra, prepare samples for environmental
testing, and provide required data to QA personnel.
- Keep accurate and complete coating records
- Daily coater cleanup and perform/ assist during routine
- Help troubleshoot both process and equipment problems
- Maintain equipment, tooling, adaptors and work area in accordance
with Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO and HSE protocols.
- Continuous improvement of processes
- Insure calibration conformance
- Design tooling and process to meet schedule and quality
requirements and cost objectives
- Generate work instructions that follow good manufacturing best
practices as well as all HSE requirements.
- Train Coating associates on job-specific tasks as well as
mentoring in the area of coating, testing and spectral measurements
- Responsible for control of process within Coating
- Work closely with the Coating Manager to understand current
capabilities and work toward strategic capability improvements
- Take a lead role in identifying training needs to fill gaps and
facilitate cross-training within these areas
- Work closely with other functional areas at RPO to improve the
flow and quality of components to Coating
- Be the champion for manufacturing excellence within Coating