Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, industrial or mechanical
engineering with 5+ years’ experience.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Experience with 3D modeling methods and 3D printing. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with MS Excel software is required. Filemaker Pro and
Minitab a plus
- Lean manufacturing, six sigma black belt, or green belt
certification a plus
- Experience working with customers
- Experience with ISO 9001 standards is preferred
- Experienced in ITAR regulations, specifications, and company
compliance including, but not limited to, optics, mechanics,
quality, verification, and testing is preferred
- Experience with Optical Assembly.
Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability
to communicate effectively to team members and management.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
- BS engineering degree from an ABET accredited college.
- 5 years’ experience
- Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and
regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as
defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents
('Green Card' holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum
status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the
environment as such.
- Safety glasses are required on the manufacturing floor. The noise
level in this work environment is loud and requires hearing
protection. Personal protection equipment will be provided.
- Some areas may require area specific safety training.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified
inspection (eye strain)
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands
and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,
crouch: and talk and hear.
Compensation & Benefits:
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked
directly to employee’s professional experience. RPO’s benefits
include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental
Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays,
generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day
waiting period. Additionally, we work a 4/10 work week that provides
for every Friday as a non-work day.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required
of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the
talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our
business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States, and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.